Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the day she said yes - 06132010 -

“It was not the most flawless proposal, but I was blessed that everything that I need for that day was provided.”

Early this summer we planned to have a summer outing and that brought me to an idea to propose to her at a beach resort. I asked the help of my friend Aldo to find an engagement ring for her and it led me to buy it from an old alahero (jewel merchant) in Lipa City, Batangas.  The shop’s name was Cuenco Jewelry found at the heart of the bayan (city proper) of Lipa.

Initially I told her that we should go to Boracay together with my former office friends.  My idea is that I will ask the help of my friends to distract her while I setup my surprise. J But due to financial constraint and the erratic weather that bothered my fiancée, it did not pushed through. So we opted to go to a place were we can go by driving.  She chose Puerto del Sol, a beautiful resort found in Bolinao, Pangasinan.


My problem here is that I don’t know how I will setup the surprise and at the same time stay unnoticed.  Then I met the resort’s restaurant manager, sir Alfred. We had a little chat in the morning, while b2b was sleeping (hehehe), and I told her my plans to propose and to set Roni’s mood by having a special by-the-beach dinner. Sir Alfred told me that it will not be a problem and that he loves this kind of surprises. He told me that I leave everything to him and just choose the food and the wine that we will have for the night.  I believe a chose clam chowder soup, beef stroganoff as our entrée, halo-halo for dessert and mateus rosé for our wine…

6:45 is our call time at the beach. I was thinking what kind of an alibi I should say to lure her to come with me to the beach.  My innate man skills was not working at this time (joke lang maffie), so I just simply told her the truth that I have a surprise for her and that I need to blindfold her before she can see it.

I was not expecting much from Sir Alfred and the restaurant’s staff but what they did was really special and even amazed me.   Blindfolding Roni added an effect because she and I walked through candle trails to our dinner table. 


I was calm yet nervous... I was thinking when will be the right time... is it already perfect to say the words to her... will she say yes... (this i am confident she will hehehe...). So, In the music of Lucky by Jason Mraz and Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton played in acoustic by our host sir Alfred, I asked her to marry me.  



Also it is true that you should not ask a woman on an empty stomach. Hehehe… This is the day when Roni said yes!!!  I love you Roni!


To Sir Alfred, the staff of Puerto Del Sol, Aldo, Donn, Annie, Neri, Toni and to all the people who helped me my sincerest gratitude to you!

7 comments:

  1. awwww... what a sweet proposal :) Congrats!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet :D happy for both of you! God bless! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sharlyn! congrats! :) i hope u still remember me. nakita kita sa yahoo groups ng W@W. kakatuwa kasi W@W bride ka din pla classmate.. well tapos na naman ang wedding ko last year pa but im helping a friend to prep for her wedding kaya i checked the site and saw ur post der. dame suppliers and nakakalito but at d end of d day i know ul be able to decide on who to book at kung sino ang d best. congrats again and happy preps! im here if u need help. :)

    Regards,

    Dianne Torres (PLM Classmate)and W@W bride too! :)

    don+dianne
    12.27.09
    http://www.mywedding.com/donanddianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dianne! congrats din to you and don! Of course, I still remember you! It was really fate, I can still remember the day don showed up in our "mini sagala" and gave you flowers hehe, nobody could probably beat that! I can see the love you have for each other and I hope and pray for that love to last a lifetime!

    Marami talaga natutulong ang W@W and thank you for offering help, iemail kita if ever ha.

    Enjoy your married life!

    Hope to see you soon! ;)

    -sharshar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hihi, katuwa ang watchamakulit feelings mo Dom. Congrats sainyo ni Roni! =)

    ReplyDelete