Thursday, September 23, 2010

our pamamanhikan and the biko

Mama never fails to cook for me whenever there are special occasions.  Now that we are off to our pamanhikan, of course, she will again showcase her wonderful talent.



It was a sunny Saturday morning when Mama went to market almost everything she needed for her preparation.  Her sumptuous meals are planned as follows:


Sinigang  na Maya-Maya
Lechon Kawali
Afritadang Manok ala Evelyn
Biko (Steamed sweet rice)

Our Sunday morning started early as the aroma of the food started to occupy our house.  The biko was the ultimate surprise as it was papa’s sister who incidentally came home from Saudi who patiently prepared it.  B2b’s family specially requested a “something sweet and sticky” menu which is believed to be making our relationship sweeter and stickier J




It was a little after lunch when we arrived in b2bs house.  Her whole family was waiting for us and it wasn’t long after when we started.  Yum opened the beautifully set-up table!  Adorning it are the delicious food Mama prepared plus the extra special menus cooked by b2b’s mom – Hototay Soup and Spicy Shrimp.  The grace started it right which was led by Tita Ligaya and the rest was a long history. J

Not long after, I have seen myself sitting in one of their sofas around with b2bs whole family ready to be char-grilled.  They were all smiling, oh yes they are all smiling while I, did not have the right words to say..  I do not exactly know what to say. I told them that I am not prepared and I was not able Google it, but I started it by asking the hand of my fiancée in front of my parents, her mom, her brother and her closest relatives. Next thing I knew, Mama was crying and everyone started to share their own pieces of wisdom.


It ended with a few bottles of beer, a bunch of stories and a lot of hearty laughs.  I hope even without the magic of the “Biko” our families’ relationship will still grow sweeter and stickier! J


No comments:

Post a Comment